Saturday, June 11, 2005

Just another day

I didn't get to go play tennis this morning. My wife gave me the guilt trip about "how I couldn't take one day out of playing tennis to go to a birthday party with my kids and to help her out with doing so."

So, tennis was pushed to the side and instead I skated for two hours. Yep, it was a skating party. I guess I got some exercise and the kids enjoyed it a whole lot. The oldest is getting so good and the youngest is coming along nicely. The youngest still hangs on the wall a little but I keep telling her that it impedes her progress because it throws her balance off when she allows her hand/arm to lag behind her. Anyway, I'm sure anyone that has learned this way can get the exact visual.

After two hours of skating, we get home and the wife is going to go see a play with a friend. Okay, I can't play tennis but she can go to a play? How is that fair? According to her, her plans didn't coincide with the children's attendance at the birthday party. Point taken but I'll find something to get her back. LOL!

I had to drop her off at her friend's so I decided to go purchase some software she wanted. She'd be happy and surprised when she returned home. It's some kind of digital photo scrapbooking software that she thinks she wants to "play" around with. I'm sure it will fall to the wayside like the crocheting and walking on the treadmill she made such a big deal to buy. I guess this isn't so bad because it just takes up space on her computer and it is a little more convenient to do for her...as I said, I guess.

The kids weren't happy about going to the computer store but I made them realize that we take them to many places that we don't particularly like going because it's someplace they enjoy or want to visit. They are starting to act like the rich kids we live around. LOL! Anyway, they were happy about it once we got there because on the way out I let them by two things of candy or gum and I bought them their own soft drinks from a soda machine. I'm such a spoiler.

We got home and they were interested in blowing bubbles that they got from the birthday party on the patio. I told them that it was okay. They asked a little while later if they could go swimming. I really didn't feel like it because I really should have started my paper so I told them "maybe." They weren't too happy about that but they'd have to deal. I went into my closet and got on my swim trunks they bought me a few months or so ago with the wife. I came back to the patio door and asked them if they liked my swim shorts. They basically said "yeah, what's the big deal." I told them that I was going to test out my new trunks at the swimming pool but they could continue to play on the patio. They were like "well, why can't we go with you?" I'm sure they love it when I tease them. Anyway, we ended up going to the swimming pool for about two hours. They didn't want to leave but I told them that their mom would be home shortly and they needed to take a bath and I needed to start my paper (NOT!). It was a good time. They had fun. I had fun.

The wife got home and we just hung around the house. We were a little antsy but didn't have any real idea of where to go. So, we just hung around. Around 11:30 p.m, she went to bed and I went to play on my computer.

What a life, huh?

I really should have started my paper.

No comments: