Thursday, June 30, 2005

A serious blow-off day at work today





This is my coworker and friend, Steve. He went out last night and someone sliced his tires on his jeep. Around 10am this morning, I went with another coworker and friend of his to see if we could put on his spare and my spare (I own a jeep too) to get it to the tire shop without having to tow it while he had some conference to attend downtown. My immediate boss gave the okay for me to be involved in this. Like I said though, it's not like a buttload of stuff is going on right now.

Anyway, turns out his lug nut wrench doesn't fit and mine didn't fit his either. So, we drove back to the office by 11:20 a.m. She called to see how much tires would cost for him at Discount Tire. Two tires were going to run him about $55 each without the extra of valves, disposal, etc. I went to lunch around 11:30 and was running a little late getting back to work. I think I finally got back around 1:30 p.m. That's two hours folks!

I get back in the office and Steve asked if I minded taking him to meet the tow truck where his jeep was at 2 p.m. I cooled off a little bit with the fan at my desk —I don't have air conditioning in my jeep and it was like 99 degrees—and then we left.

We get to his jeep and we wait...and wait..and wait. Around 2:30 p.m, I give him my cell phone to call the place to see where they are. They said the guy was like five minutes down the road from us. About twenty minutes, the bastard shows up!

We get things settled. Steve and I drive to discount tire and get things settled there while the tow truck guy is unloading the jeep. Steve pays Discount and then the tow guy and we were on our way back to the office.

About 3:23 p.m, I get to my desk and am sweating my ass off! I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have a fan at my desk. After I cooled off, I pretty much just tinkered with my blog template. I did a few "work" things but nothing that didn't take me more than 30 minutes total.

That was my work day. Interesting, huh?

By the way, the fourth picture is the name of the business that Steve had to park his jeep. When I first left in the morning to find his jeep, we were told to look for a mail box place. I was thinking "The UPS Store" or "Mailbox, etc" but the "Male Boxx" never crossed my mind. :-)

No comments: