Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Today in the history of

I don't know why but my rhetoric class seems more like a history course. Could it be that during lecture the prof says, "in between the 1880s to 1920s there was an influx of immigrants from Poland and the Slovak countries..."? Remember on the first day of class, I said that we watched a film. It was a historical film on who immigrants booked passage on cargo ships, lived in filth for weeks until they reached the promise land of America. Yippee for them! But, that's not English.

Basically, the only reference to "rhetoric" is the papers I have written so far. "How has the character in the story achieved the "American dream" or has she? Please explain in 1-2 pages, five-paragraph format. Remember to reference examples from the story and to use proper technique for your quotes. Okay, begin."

Now that's the rhetoric I have grown to love to hate!

I got my quiz and first paper back. A+ and B, respectively. I'd go get drunk to celebrate if I drank! I'll take those grades and run.

We also got our first "real" paper assignment. What? I'm sorry, I thought I just turned in a "real" paper! Anyway, this one is due on June 6th and we have conferences to schedule with the prof June 3rd to go over our first drafts. Huh? I'm supposed to hop on this baby that quickly on Wednesday to have a rough draft by Friday morning? Damn! What do they expect from my old ass, miracles? I've done that already with producing child #1 and child #2. I think I'm all out of friggin' miracles.

Did I mention the first exam is tomorrow, Thursday June 2nd? Just call me the juggler because that's what it takes for me to come close to maintaining my sanity! Have I mentioned that I hate school? So guess what the exam is. That's right boys and girls, a friggin' paper. Oh yeah! Five paragraphs, examples, proper citations, an opening paragraph, three supported arguments in paragraphs and a closing paragraph. All to be completed in 1 hour and 50 minutes or less!

Where the heck is my time for procrastination? Within the first hour? This is completely unfair! Shut up! I'll complain if I want to...until I'm blue in the face if need be!

No study time for me. I don't need it. In fact, I'm not able to do it because I'm going with the family to see "Peter Pan" at Music Hall in Fair Park. This is the one with Cathy Rigby. It's from 8 p.m. to around 10 p.m. or so.

I guess this is when I get to procrastinate. A sort of pre-procrastination. Ummm, sounds a little dirty.

No comments: