Monday, June 06, 2005

7th day of class

Turned in paper assignment #1. Discussion over a new story that I just read the first three paragraphs of nine pages in class while she was discussing the paper and some other issues. I didn't take a look at the syllabus all weekend which is where I would have been told about the story. I was busy cramming my paper writing into my busy weekend schedule of slacking off!

Anyway, I read just enough to seem like I read it all and could participate in the discussion as needed.

After our break around 10:50 a.m, I get some wonderful news. No class on June 20th. Woohoo! But it was followed by bad news, to me anyway, handouts for a response writing on the story we were discussing due Wednesday and paper assignment #2 due next Monday. Holy crapoly! I'm still tired and drained from the previous writing. I can't continue. I need another four years of freedom and fun! LOL!

Tonight will consist of, getting home at 5:30 p.m. Taking the wife to work for her summer job. Taking care of the kids at home while I'm reading the story and wondering "maybe this is when my grade starts to dip in this class." Ha!

I looked over the response typing assignment while reading and I'm having difficulty picking out the thing(s) the prof is looking for. I'm a little lost but I think I may be confusing myself by thinking too deeply about the prof's question. Hopefully it will come to me and 1-2 pages later I can be done with it. I think it will probably be another cram session Tuesday night. Sucks! It really does!

Paper assignment #2 will probably have to wait until later this week. She is available for conferences again on Friday but I don't think I'm going to need it. I'm not sure it's an actual requirement from the experience I got with my previous conference but I will double-check as to not make my prof bitter towards me for being a no-show. Hey, I need all the people I can get on my side to get my good grade in this class.

14 more days...

No comments: