Friday, June 10, 2005

No work or class today

I didn't go to work today. We made it a possible visit-every-living-domicile-for-rent-you-can day. It's final. We are definitely moving into the $1550 duplex. We put down a $1000 deposit and signed the lease. All we have to do now is wait for move-in day.

I really should take this extra time to start my paper but I don't think that's going to happen. I tried to be good about it but I just can't get really motivated to do so. I'm such a slacker!

I had to run to the credit union today to make my car payment. For some reason, they send me a statement sporadically these days. I got one last month and I think the month before but I don't recall getting one this month. Of course, I could have gotten one and the wifey placed it some where like I tell her she shouldn't but she does anyway. So, then it gets lost and I have to make a 20 minute drive to the credit union to put it in the night deposit. I can't fully blame this one on her but I'd give it a 50/50 chance. She won't like that I said that.

The kids liked it though. They just like to get out and go sometimes, especially if there is a possibility that we will stop by my parents' house. They are no longer alive but there's something my kids dig about going there. I'm sure part of it is because it has a huge ass yard they can play in versus the 4 x 10 slab of cement we have out back of our apartment/condo. It's nice though that they like it. I think it may also bring them a sense of comfort knowing they are in the house of their grandparents.

I wish they got more time with my mom and dad. It's unfair really. Most of my older brothers and sisters' kids got to have 10-20 years with them. Mine barely got 3-5. I'm sure my nieces and nephews miss their grandparents as well, some more than others, but I don't think they felt the same joy and fun and excitement that my kids did when they went to see my parents. Most of my nieces and nephews came over because their parents were fighting and the safest place was my parents' house. They didn't always or even mostly come over just to flat out visit or play. My kids only went to play and hang out with their grandparents. At the ages of 4 and 2, 5 and 3, they loved working in the garden with my mom or being pulled in a wagon or pushed in a dual stroller during a walk with my parents. They loved when my mom would sing to them when they got hurt and cater to their pain. They loved when she cooked for them. They loved when my dad would let them do things that I NEVER got to do when I was their age. Best yet, they got to feel deep, true love that my parents showed them when they came over. My parents enjoyed having them over because they weren't "watching" them. I didn't pawn my kids off to my parents so I could go have fun without them and my parents knew that. My parents could not wait for us to wake up in the morning (when we lived next door) so they could come over and see my kids or take them back to their house for breakfast or to play in the yard or do whatever.

I guess my kids still feel that when they go to my parents' now, after they've been gone for over a year. Then again, I have no earthly idea what is so fantastic about being in my parents' house for them. I like it because I remember the memories when I see them play in the yard as I did as a child. I guess the memories are what they like too.

Anyway, I don't know how I got off on that Kodak moment but I'll stop.

So, problem of having a new house to live in is solved (for now unless something goes wrong). Now, I just need to start my paper, hopefully sometime today but I'm sure I'll freakin' procrastinate until Sunday. I know myself too well but Sunday will be tough because I have hockey at 4 and then 7. I guess I'll need to get up early like last week and start it.

Have I mentioned that I hate school!? And working for a living? And having to move?

No comments: